Eternal Japan: From Tokyo to Kyoto
Go off the beaten path and explore Japan in depth, learning about its rich traditions as you take part in a traditional tea ceremony, meet with a preeminent calligrapher, and stroll through Miyakawacho, a geisha neighborhood.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
This Smithsonian Journeys trip exceeded my expectations. The quality of leadership and their narratives, the hotels, and local guides make my trip rich beyond words. Thank you Smithsonian for a special life experience.”
- The Best Ring of Kerry Tour
- Suarez Point: An Unforgettable Spectacle
- Mercury Rising in Prague
- The Greatest Flower Show on Earth: The History of the Keukenhof
Optional Post-Tour Extension: Hiroshima, City of Peace
(3 days/2 nights)
Discover the city reborn from the atomic destruction of World War II, a modern and cosmopolitan urban center whose residents warmly welcome American visitors.
Your Extension Price Includes:
- Rail transportation Kyoto/Hiroshima; Hiroshima/Osaka
- 2 nights accommodations at Hotel Granvia Hiroshima (First Class)
- 3 Meals: 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch
- Extensive included sightseeing: Isukushima Shrine; Hiroshima touring by local “Hiroden” train; visit to Peace Memorial Park and Museum; Japan Maritime Service School
- Services of a professional Tour Director
- Gratuities to Tour Director, dining room servers, hotel porters, and drivers
Hotel Granvia Hiroshima
Connected to JR Hiroshima Station, the Hotel Granvia Hiroshima offers direct access to several of Hiroshima’s most popular sites, including Peace Memorial Park and Miyajima Island. The hotel offers five restaurants, bar, and lounge; laundry and dry cleaning services; hair salon; gift shop; Internet access; and safe deposit boxes. Air-conditioned guest rooms have private bath with hair dryer, mini-bar, TV, and phone.