The Emerald Isle
Uncover Ireland's many charms on this intimate exploration of a country steeped in history and rich in culture.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
What a great overview of Ireland's political and religious history, its music, literature and arts. With the small group size, everyone is included in the lectures, activities and experiences. Wonderful adventure!”
Previous Journeys Traveler
Hard to imagine a more rewarding experience.”
My first experience with Smithsonian was beyond all my expectations! I look forward to being a regular traveler with the Smithsonian!”
- Insights from the West of Ireland
- Fabulous shots from Smithsonian Journeys Expert Kirt Kempter
- Visiting Mount Fuji, by way of rural Japan
- Saturday in Pamplona
Optional Post-Tour Extension to Northern Ireland
4 Days/3 Nights
Spend four days and three nights exploring the beauty of the Antrim Coast, one of the most scenic in all of Ireland. Guided visits include the Giant’s Causeway, a World Heritage site, Bushmill’s Distillery, Titanic Belfast Museum, and an orientation tour of the lively capital city of Belfast.
Your tour price includes:
- Round-trip private motorcoach or van transportation Dublin/Belfast
- 3 nights accommodations: 2 nights in Belfast at Fitzwilliam Hotel (Deluxe); 1 night in Dublin at Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport (Superior First Class)
- 7 meals: 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing of Belfast, Antrim Coast (Giant’s Causeway, a World Heritage site; Bushmill’s Distillery; Carrick-a-rede Bridge), and the new Titanic Museum in Belfast
- Services of a professional tour representative
- Gratuities for tour representatives, dining room servers, and airport and hotel porters
The Fitzwilliam Hotel
Well-located in the heart of Belfast on Great Victoria Street, the 131-room Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast offers easy access to many cultural attractions including the Grand Opera House, the Ulster Museum, and the Botanical Gardens. This classic-style hotel, opened in 2009, boasts a Michelin-starred restaurant, as well as a bar, fitness center, Internet access, laundry and dry cleaning services, and elevators. Air-conditioned guest rooms have private bath with hair dryer, mini-bar, TV, and phone.
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Adjacent to the Dublin airport with complimentary 24-hour shuttle service, the contemporary Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport offers a variety of amenities including a rooftop restaurant, bistro, bar, internet access, laundry and dry cleaning services, and fitness center. The 100 air-conditioned guest rooms offer private bath with hair dryer, tea- and coffee-making facilities, in-room safe, TV, and phone.