Treasures of Peru
If there were only five things we would do in Peru, here's what we'd suggest:
- Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Yes, there are easier ways to get to the sacred city in the Andes mountains, but it is a completely different experience when you have put the sweat equity into the journey and are witnessing a quiet sunrise over the ancient ruins.
- We all want to go shopping, but going shopping with a local on a Sunday at the Pisac Market in Cusco provides a cultural experience you won't find anywhere else. You'll learn which traditional and authentic art pieces are worth buying, and how to make a really great deal - in Quechua.
- Experience the Cajamarca Carnival held every February where events include the decoration of cars, the public mocking of public figures, and dance, music, and lots of food. Also keep in mind that to really attend the Cajamarca Carnival, you will likely be soaked with water by the time you leave.
- To be in South America, and not find yourself in a rich rainforest is simply a shame. Try a rafting trip and a hiking excursion where you'll witness amazing wildlife you won't see anywhere else.
- Eat at least one meal with a Peruvian family. You may be trying new foods (such as Roasted Cuy - also known as guinea pig- a delicacy in Peru), but you'll also make new friends in the process.
To experience all that Peru has to offer, join us on one of our many tours to explore Peru.
What would you recommend a traveler do in Peru?
Request a Free Catalog
Download now to find inspiration for your next journeyGet It Free!
Be the First to Know
Sign up to learn more about our tours and special offersSign Up