Savor breathtaking beauty and enduring traditions as you travel from Vietnam's imperial cities to the Mekong River Delta, where you will experience local cuisine and get an up-close look at a farming settlement near Da Nang.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
This was our first Smithsonian tour and we were impressed! It combined first class transportation and accommodations with intelligent and thought provoking seminars plus knowledgeable tour directors and study leaders. It won't be our last Smithsonian Journey.”
- The Best Ring of Kerry Tour
- Suarez Point: An Unforgettable Spectacle
- Mercury Rising in Prague
- The Greatest Flower Show on Earth: The History of the Keukenhof
Optional Post-Tour Extension to Angkor Wat and Cambodia
3 days/2 nights
A special opportunity to discover the amazing temples and statuary from the Angkorian Empire.
Your tour extension includes:
- 3 Days/2 NightsAir transportation Ho Chi Minh City/Siem Reap inclusive of airline taxes and departure fees
- 2 nights accommodations in Siem Reap at Sofitel Angkor (Deluxe); rooms reserved for late check-out on third day (late evening flight)
- 4 meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Three days sightseeing of Angkor complex (World Heritage site), including all entrance fees
- Services of a professional tour representative
- Private motorcoach transportation
- Gratuities for tour representative, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers
Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Gold and Spa Resort
Set amidst tranquil landscaped gardens on beautiful tree-lined Charles de Gaulle Avenue, Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort is close to the ruins at Angkor Wat, as well as near traditional markets and other local attractions. Combining French and Khmer architecture to provide refined, elegant accommodation, the 238-room hotel features five restaurants and two bars, Internet access, fitness center with jacuzzi and sauna, and outdoor pool. Air-conditioned guest rooms have private bath with hair dryer, in-room safe, mini-bar, TV, and phone.