Treasures of Turkey: The Lost Worlds of Anatolia
Explore the lost worlds of Turkey as you travel from Gaziantep, one of the oldest continually inhabited cities, to Mt. Nemrut, known for its incredible mountain-top statues and temples, and Cappadocia, an evocative region of sculpted rock formations.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
This is the second organized tour I've been on... this group was friendly, intelligent, curious, and fun to be with. Also, the itinerary and program were much more informative and in-depth than any self-guided trip I could have planned and took us to places I'd never have dreamed of going.”
- To Cruise or Not to Cruise
- Window into the Past: Tarbat Discovery Centre
- 5 "French" Things That Aren't Actually From France
- Klezmer in Kraków
Post-Tour Extension — Izmir: Ephesus & Pergamum
Not available on May 16, 2014 departure
4 days/3 nights
From the lively port city of Izmir, discover the superb ruins at Ephesus, among the world’s best preserved archaeological sites, and the ancient Greek city of Pergamum in a stunning hilltop setting.
Your tour price includes:
- Air transportation Ankara/Izmir
- 3 nights’ accommodations at Swissotel Grand Efes (Deluxe)
- 7 meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Extensive sightseeing of Ephesus and Pergamum
- Services of a professional Tour Director
- Private motorcoach transportation
- Gratuities for Tour Director, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers
Swissôtel Grand Efes
Centrally located in downtown Izmir and surrounded by landscaped gardens, the Swissôtel Grand Efes overlooks Kordon seafront promenade and the Aegean coast. This contemporary hotel offers two restaurants, bar, and café; Fitness Center; spa with steam bath, Turkish bath, salt pool, and Jacuzzi; wellness center; shopping arcade; Internet access; laundry services; tennis courts; and indoor and outdoor pools. Air-conditioned guest rooms have private bath with hair dryer, in-room safe, mini-bar, tea- and coffee-making facilities, TV, and phone.