Rwanda Extension: 4-day Mountain Gorilla Trek
There are only around 700 remaining mountain gorillas found in just two regions in the mountains of central Africa. Accompanied by and experienced guide, you'll head into Rwanda's densely forested Virunga Mountains to spend an enchanting hour in the presence of these rare giants.. Enjoy two days of gorilla trekking, as well as visits to local villages, colorful markets, and the Dian Fossey memorial and research center. Return to your comfortable lodge each evening to rejuvenation and soak in the amazing views.
- Gorilla trekking on foot with experienced safari guides.
- Bird watching and golden monkey tracking in bamboo forests.
- Kigali city tour and village visits in Rwanda.
- Dramatic views of volcanoes.
Recommended Time to Visit:
- Day 1- Arrive in Kigali and road transfer to the Virunga Mountains.
- Day 2- Guided Mountain Gorilla trekking.
- Day 3- Second day of Mountain Gorilla trekking or cultural activities.
- Day 4- Transfer to Kigali and departing international flights.
December-February & June-August
This 4-day trekking tip is intended to be combined with another Private Departure for a minimum 7-day adventure. Gorilla tracking permits are $500 per person per day. Guests must be 15 years or older to track gorillas.
From $3,775 per person, double occupancy
*Prices are approximate and can vary based on time of travel, number of guests, and room type. Call for a quote for your custom safari.