Discover the breathtaking wonders of the Andes and Machu Picchu's enigmatic ruins during this tour which features a native ceremony in the beautiful Sacred Valley, lunch in the home of a Cuzco family, and time with the top-hatted Uros people of Lake Titicaca.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
This was a trip of a lifetime for me. Every detail was anticipated and taken care of, the pace was perfect, the sites and cities visited were just right. Our tour director was engaging and accommodating. I will definitely look to Smithsonian Journeys for my next travel adventure!”
This superior tour goes way beyond the requisite Machu Picchu stop, by introducing you to the complexity of Peruvian history, the breadth of Inca sites and architecture, Peruvian culture and art, and the issues facing Peru today. Fantastic educational experience!”
Machu Picchu has been on my bucket list for many years. The entire area is a magical, mystical experience and actually being there did not disappoint. The Legendary Peru tour was an educational experience and exposed me to many cultures, practices, great ruins and a history of the country.”
We were surprised at how much activity was packed into our 10 day trip. It certainly provided us with great insight into life in Peru today along with the historical roots of today's Peruvian peoples.”
- Back to School in Scandinavia
- Iceland's Natural Wonders
- 7 Must-Have Items for Any Trip
- To Cruise or Not to Cruise
Optional Post-Tour Extension to Peru's Amazon Rain Forest
4 days/4 nights
Your Extension Price Includes:
- Round-trip air transportation Lima/Iquitos
- 4 nights accommodations: 1 night in Lima at Costa del Sol Peru (First Class); 3 nights in the jungle at Ceiba Tops Lodge & Resort (Superior First Class)
- 11 meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Extensive sightseeing, including guided Canopy Walkway tour and visit with ribereños (Amazon river people)
- Fully escorted by an Amazon-born naturalist guide as your professional tour representative
- Private vehicle transportation
- Gratuities for tour representative, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers
Please note that guests on extension will overnight in Lima on Day 10.
Ceiba Tops Lodge & Resort
This secluded 74-room jungle lodge is situated 25 miles down the Amazon River from Iquitos. Lodge facilities include swimming pool, wireless Internet access in public areas, bar and patio with hammocks, and an indoor/outdoor dining room offering both local and international cuisines in a buffet-style atmosphere. All units are air-conditioned with full private bath with hot water, twin beds, lights, fan, window screens and rainforest or Amazon River view.
Ramada Costa Del Sol Lima Airport
Ramada Costa Del Sol Lima Airport is convenienty located at the Jorge Chavez International Airport in LIma. The hotel features 130 clean, comfortable rooms, each with air-conditioning and internet access. Other highlights of the hotel include a spa, gym, business center, and great restaurants.