Tortuguero National Park
4 days/3 nights
Encounter exceptional bio-diversity, from rain forest to marsh, where fresh water meets the sea to form canals, lagoons, and wetlands, and also to provide an important turtle nesting reserve. An ecological tour de force!
- Round-trip transfers San Jose/Tortuguero by van and boat
- 3 nights’ accommodations: 2 nights in Tortuguero National Park at Pachira Lodge (First Class); 1 night in San Jose at Hotel Bougainvillea (Superior First Class)
- 8 meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Included sightseeing: Tortuguero town and Caribbean Conservation Center; two boat safaris along the Tortuguero canals
- Services of expert staff and guides at Pachira Lodge
Located in a residential neighborhood just 10 minutes from San Jose, the 81-room Hotel Bougainvillea is decorated with paintings and sculptures by local artists and surrounded by 10 acres of lush gardens. Hotel amenities include a restaurant and bar, tennis courts, and heated pool with sauna. Guest rooms feature private bath with hair dryer, sitting area, Internet access, TV, and phone. 1 night
Pachira Lodge stands surrounded by a series of canals that nourish the area’s rich flora and fauna population. The 88-room lodge offers a buffet-style restaurant and bar, sauna, spa, and outdoor pool. Each guest room includes a private bath and ceiling fan. The rooms are not air conditioned. 2 nights
Price based on double occupancy $595
Price based on single occupancy $740
A Note on Accommodations in Costa Rica:
Your accommodations in Tortuguero will be at an environmentally compatible lodge that is comfortable but not luxurious. Although you may not have air conditioning, television, or telephones in your room, most travelers find the accommodations to be an excellent complement with the natural environment.