Bhutan's Peaceful Kingdom
Enjoy the breathtaking Himalayan landscapes of this remote country, where you'll dine in the home of a local family, hike to the sacred Tiger's Nest Monastery, and more.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
I was so impressed with the country - the people, the landscape, the culture and traditions.”
Previous Journeys Traveler
- To Cruise or Not to Cruise
- Window into the Past: Tarbat Discovery Centre
- 5 "French" Things That Aren't Actually From France
- Klezmer in Kraków
Post-Tour Extension to Nepal
Discover another Himalayan kingdom – and the warmth of its people – on this special journey.
Your tour extension price includes:
- Air transportation Paro/Kathmandu
- 3 nights’ accommodations in Kathmandu at Crowne Plaza Soaltee (Superior First Class)
- 6 meals: 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Extensive sightseeing, including Pashupatinath shrine (UNESCO site); Boudhanath monument; colorful Bhaktapur, “City of Devotees;” Swayambhunath Temple, royal city of Patan; and Kathmandu and environs
- Services of a professional Tour Representative
- Private motorcoach transportation
- Gratuities for Tour Representative, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers
Please note that guests on this extension will leave the Bhutan tour on Day 12 at the conclusion of the Paro stay.
Tour dates including the post tour extension:
May 12-27, 2014
October 6-21, 2014