Take part in an extraordinary journey to South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Zambia as you take part in thrilling game drives in search of the elusive “Big Five” and witness the largest concentrations of wildlife and birds in Africa.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
This trip far exceeded our lofty expectations. Words alone cannot describe the magic of this experience.”
Boat cruises on the river with animals on either side were exciting, quiet, peaceful and truly spiritual, all at once! My favorite thing about this tour as a whole was the absence of other tourists. It was private and personal. A totally fabulous experience!”
Previous Journeys Traveler
Africa and its wonders must be experienced in person! Nature at its best! A photographer's dream come true.”
Like everyone told me, I returned convinced this was the "Best trip I ever took!"”
If Africa is not on your bucket list, you need a new bucket! This trip should not be missed.”
This journey was a lifetime experience we will always treasure. It was fun, relaxing, elegant, and educational. Our expert, guides, and hotel staff were so wonderful! They made it special.”
Carmen & Tony C.
- Smithsonian Travelers Discover Machu Picchu's Sacred Spaces
- A Tailor-Made Journey to India and Nepal
- The Forbidden City: Official Spaces and Private Quarters
- Journey from Bangkok to Bali: Following the Spirits
Cape Town Post-Program Option — 4 Days, 3 Nights
Discover South Africa’s sparkling Cape Town, from Table Mountain and the Malay Quarter to the Cape Peninsula and The Winelands. Your tour extension price includes:
- Air transportation Lusaka/Cape Town inclusive of airline taxes and departure fees
- 3 nights’ accommodations at the Table Bay Hotel (Deluxe)
- 6 meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Extensive included sightseeing: full-day Cape Peninsula tour; full-day Cape Town and the Winelands region tour
- Services of a professional tour representative
- Private motorcoach/van transportation
- Transfers to/from airport
- Gratuities for tour representative, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers
Table Bay Hotel
Standing in the heart of Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay Hotel provides stunning views of Table Mountain and Cape Town Harbour. Combining contemporary décor and Victorian accents, the hotel offers two restaurants, two bars, and lounge; spa with massage treatments and steam rooms; fitness center; internet access; laundry and dry cleaning services; heated outdoor pool; and complimentary shuttle service. The 329 air-conditioned rooms have private bath with hair dryer, tea- and coffee-making facilities, in-room safe, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access; mini-bar, TV, and phone.
Please note that guests on the extension will proceed directly to Cape Town and will not use the hotel day room in Lusaka on Day 13.