Take part in an extraordinary journey to South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Zambia as you take part in thrilling game drives in search of the elusive “Big Five” and witness the largest concentrations of wildlife and birds in Africa.
WHAT OUR TRAVELERS SAY
This trip far exceeded our lofty expectations. Words alone cannot describe the magic of this experience.”
Boat cruises on the river with animals on either side were exciting, quiet, peaceful and truly spiritual, all at once! My favorite thing about this tour as a whole was the absence of other tourists. It was private and personal. A totally fabulous experience!”
Previous Journeys Traveler
Africa and its wonders must be experienced in person! Nature at its best! A photographer's dream come true.”
Like everyone told me, I returned convinced this was the "Best trip I ever took!"”
If Africa is not on your bucket list, you need a new bucket! This trip should not be missed.”
- The Forbidden City: Official Spaces and Private Quarters
- Journey from Bangkok to Bali: Following the Spirits
- Haydn Seek
- Smithsonian Journeys to Milford Sound, South Island, New Zealand
Optional Post-Tour Extension To Cape Town, South Africa
4 Days/3 Nights
Discover South Africa’s sparkling “Mother City,” from Table Mountain and the Malay Quarter to the Cape Peninsula and The Winelands. Your tour price includes:
- Air transportation Lusaka/Cape Town inclusive of airline taxes and departure fees
- 3 nights’ accommodations at the Table Bay Hotel (Deluxe)
- 6 meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Extensive included sightseeing: full-day Cape Peninsula tour; full-day Cape Town and the Winelands region tour
- Services of a professional tour representative
- Private motorcoach/van transportation
- Transfers to/from airport
- Gratuities for tour representative, dining room servers, airport and hotel porters, and all drivers
Table Bay Hotel
Standing in the heart of Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay Hotel provides stunning views of Table Mountain and Cape Town Harbour. Combining contemporary décor and Victorian accents, the hotel offers two restaurants, two bars, and lounge; spa with massage treatments and steam rooms; fitness center; internet access; laundry and dry cleaning services; heated outdoor pool; and complimentary shuttle service. The 329 air-conditioned rooms have private bath with hair dryer, tea- and coffee-making facilities, in-room safe, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access; mini-bar, TV, and phone.
Taj Cape Town (October 26 departure only)
Comprising two restored historic buildings – the Old Reserve Bank and Temple Chamber – and a modern tower, the 176-room Taj Cape Town is located in the heart of historic Cape Town at the entrance to the popular pedestrian area, St. George’s Mall. The hotel blends colonial accents and architecture with contemporary décor, and offers two restaurants and a bar; spa with massage treatments; fitness center; heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room; laundry and dry cleaning services; and boutiques. Air-conditioned rooms have private bath with hair dryer, tea- and coffee-making facilities, in-room safe, mini-bar, Wi-Fi internet access (surcharge), TV, and phone.
*Please note that guests on the extension will proceed directly to Cape Town and will not use the hotel day room in Lusaka on Day 13.